Saturday, February 22, 2014

3 weeks of ups and downs

This past few weeks has been tough food wise. I will be the first to admit that I have not been all in. I have been on the fence about this weight loss thing, and if I was ready to commit. I would do pretty good during the day and then just let all the progress go out the window in the evenings.

Derek doesn't think I "need" to lose weight and doesn't really understand how disciplined you have to be in order to get those results. So that makes it difficult when he is home not to "sabotage" me! LOL! I had a talk with him about what I need from him and I think he gets it a little better now. It is very important to have people around that support you. Instagram (megancorral669) has been a huge support for me, and I am so thankful for that. You can click through and see so man women and men who have started at much higher weights than I did, and worked their ass off to get healthy. It is very inspiring! These are not fitness models with 6 packs on pinterest that make you want to jump off a cliff because you will NEVER look like that even after listening to the motivational quote written over their photo. HA!

So I had a long mental discussion with myself and told myself that I was either in it or not. But I thought back to all the reasons why I decided to do this in the first place. I looked at photos of myself at 175 (15 pounds heavier) and then watched my photos show pounds and pounds lost, new clothing because the old are too big, and remembering the feelings that I had when I took each photo. That really helped me realize that I DO want this. I just have to fully commit.

So I have decided to cancel my subscription to weight watchers and use an app that I paid 1.99 for to count points, and for the time being I am counting points and logging my calories with myfitnesspal. I feel like with 5 months of weight watchers under my belt I understand points well enough to go on my own and use a "knock off " app to get the job done. Is it as user friendly ? NO. But it is 18.95 per month cheaper so we will make it work.



No comments:

Post a Comment