Thursday, February 6, 2014

Back to weight watchers

Today I re-joined weight watchers online. It is what I KNOW will help me lose weight. In the 2 months that I have been off plan, I have gained back about 3-4 pounds, going back and fourth with them. I do NOT want to ruin all my hard work so I decided to grab the reins and get back on track. 
I thought that I could continue to at least maintain without weight watchers because honestly I felt really good where I was at. But in the back of my mind I knew that I wasn't finished. I knew I had to attack these last 15/20 lbs to get to my ultimate goal. And that is what I am going to do!

What really got me was going through and looking for spring/summer clothes on pinterest. All the cute colored short-shorts and tank tops. I remember how miserable last summer I was. I was almost 175 pounds. I was sweaty. I was bloated and my thighs would rub together and cause them to "chafe" if I was out shopping, running around etc. (TMI? Sorry!) I would try to wear shorts under my dresses so I wouldn't have this problem. It is embarrassing and not something I want to do again. 

I usually like to start buying a few months in advance for the new season, but then I had to sit there and think about what size I would be buying. I will NOT buy size 12 summer clothes. My goal is at least a 10. I was able to fit tightly into gap 10 jeans before, but now that I have gained a few pounds back that isn't happening. 

I am bloated, feeling just sluggish and truthfully not good about myself. I stopped drinking soda again last week. I wouldn't drink pop like I used to, but I would have Derek bring me one on his way home, etc. More than I was doing on weight watchers. Another bad habit I got into was having him bring home crunch bars for me with the pop. Total SUGAR ADDICTION going on. So that is my next focus. I also have been trying to retrain my body to not eat when I'm bored, just because I can, etc. Its tough. When you aren't "on a diet" you sort of get this feeling of entitlement for whatever it is, like "Oh, I can get a crunch bar no big deal." or "I don't need to use reduced fat cheese, I can go back to regular" when in reality that will only be a disaster. You have to take the tools you learned and CONTINUE to use them in your every day life or you WILL gain it back. DUH.

Fried everything...not a good idea...
 So here I am. 
Before it gets out of control. 
Before I lose too much momentum. 
Before I get discouraged and forget how far I have come already. 

Weigh in today was at 160.2 My weight at the end of weight watchers in December was 157.  I am confident that in the next week or two I will be back to that with just making the sugar, pop, and simple changes to the foods I eat. 



No comments:

Post a Comment