Saturday, September 28, 2013

Week 3 Weigh in: New scale

This week was TOUGH. Just as I had anticipated it would be. I had a wedding on Saturday and was not able to eat very well, Sunday we had a child's birthday party where hot dogs and cake here served.
 I didn't eat the green beans and tried one potatoe (yuck) but the chicken with that sauce (whatever it is) was good and I at that shit up. I hadn't eaten a thing all day and was walking around with a camera attached to my neck. (oh yea, I am a photographer.)
I did my best to limit what I ate, but I also don't want to go out and feel like I CAN'T eat something. That is not what I am going for. I know if I do that I will surely fail when I start to feel like I am deprived.

So last week, week 3, I lost .9 lbs. I had to buy a new scale because my scale is on the side of the toilet and between the toilet and the bathtub and apparently my kids love to splash and completely soaked the inside of my beloved scale. I loved that thing! It was a health o meter with body fat percentage, 4 programmable different people and goal weights and it saves your past weight. It is unfortunately not made anymore so I had to set out to bed bath and beyond to get a new one. I knew I didn't want to spend a ton of money, but I didn't want to get a crappy one either, I need accuracy, to a woman on weight watchers, every .2 of a pound counts!


So I read reviews online while at work, and they were all horrible for each and every scale I looked at. Wal-mart, target, bed bath and beyond, you name it. So I just thought I would go there and wing it. Well, I end up standing there for about 20 minutes and an associate comes to help and I pick out one. I asked the customer service woman if that model was returned a lot and she said honestly they all are. But with the bed bath and beyond return policy you can return it basically at any time for any reason with no hassle. I like that! Plus I had a 20% off mobile coupon so it made it like $26. So far I like it. It is simpler than my previous one but that's ok. I do miss the fact that it remembered my last weigh in though.


The biggest accomplishment that occurred this week is I went down a whole pant size! I am beyond happy about this. It has been a LOOOOONG time since I have had to buy down a size and not up a size, so it is for sure some good motivation and reassurance that I am doing something right and that I am making progress.

 Goodwill for the win!

Some of the foods I have been coking lately include:
Fiesta Chicken Casserole. I lightened up the original recipe from plain chicken by adding low fat cream of chicken, reduced fat cheese, skim milk, brown rice, and baked tostitios tortilla chips. 3 pts per serving and AMAZING in my opinion.

 Some of the things I bring to work with me. I like to have variety. canelope, grapes, apple, pretzel crisps, fiber one bars, rice crispie treats, whole wheat crackers and laughing cow cheese, things like that, that don't break my points bank.

These are Mozzerella sticks from Skinny taste. they are 2 pt for 2 of these (they are one cheese stick cut in half) and delicious.

Thursday is my weigh in day (maybe one of these weeks I will blog on actual weigh in day!) and then we had family in town so we not only went to lunch but dinner with them. Lunch went well, we went to Mcalister's deli and I ordered broccoli cheese soup and a kids meal sized turkey and cheese sandwich. I think It was like 7 pts total. But they always like to eat at buffetts for dinner, and that got me. I did good until I went back for my second plate. Old habits really do die hard. It is a process, not something you can change overnight, that is for sure!


I used up almost all of my weekly points in one day, but I am determined to steer myself back in the right direction. Last week I used almost all my weekly points and I was still able to lose almost a whole pound, so we will see. I will just keep carrying on and doing what I am doing. Sunday we are going to visit more of Derek's family and so I will make sure to pack myself food because I can't afford to get off track for another day!


Here are my first comparison pics.


3 weeks, 6 pounds, and one pant size later. Definitely fell less bloated and have more energy.

I haven't had fast food or a soda in over 3 weeks (one of my major vices). I am so proud of my progress and will just keep going till I reach my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment